Effective Date: February 10, 2023
Personal Information We Collect
The term “Personal Information” refers to data that identifies you personally, whether directly, indirectly, or in combination with other data available to us.
We collect your Personal Information from you when you share it with us, including when you complete one of the following actions:
- Complete & submit the “Contact” “Contact Us” or other forms on a Website or Platform;
- Contact us using our contact information or through other means;
- Sign up for email updates or to our newsletters;
- Become a customer through the purchase of our products or services;
- Create an account on one of our Websites or Platforms;
- Download one of our applications or submit a job application; and/or
- From any other interactions we may have, whether online or offline, including, without limitation, your response to any job posting, potential employment opportunity or recruiting communication.
The Personal Information we collect includes:
- Name, address, email address, contact details, nature of desired product or service or commercial need, financial, credit, billing and account information, and other incidental information relating to the products and services we provide;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website or Platforms and usage details, including through the use of automatic data collection technologies like cookies, web beacons, pixels, as tags and device identifiers;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on a Website, entering a contest or promotion, responding to surveys or reporting a problem with a Website;
- Work history and related employment information gathered from you in response to any employment opportunities or job postings;
- Details of commercial transactions you carry out through a Website or Platform;
- Your search queries on a Website or Platform and usage of our imagery finder tools;
- The imagery or other geo-analytics products and services that you view or download via our Platforms;
- Suggestions, questions, information, material or other content posted on a Website or Platform; and/or
- Personal information from a government agency or registry or third-party compliance support provider to complete due diligence or regulatory and compliance background checks.
Our Websites and Platforms also automatically log certain, non-identifying data when a user browses the site. This data includes the pages visited on our site, the website which the user visited just prior to our site, and country of origin of the user. While the IP address is utilized to identify the country of origin, the IP address of a given user is not exposed to us and is not used by EarthDaily, directly or indirectly, to identify an individual accessing our Website. This non-identifying data is used only to identify problems with our web servers, to administer, design, construct and analyze traffic patterns on our Website and Platforms, and to gather broad demographic data for aggregate use only.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use this Personal Information to:
- Offer, promote and provide our products and services to you;
- Develop and improve our products and services;
- Communicate with you regarding the services you request and to respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Administer our invoicing databases, and issue and collect accounts;
- Provide you with material on our products and services, and to invite you to our seminars and events;
- Manage and administer our business, including to protect you and us against error and fraud;
- Monitor and improve Website and Platform performance;
- Process and evaluate job applications;
- Comply with legal, regulatory and self-regulatory requirements, and to fulfill our legal obligations; and
- For any other purpose for which you provide it or expressly consent to.
You may unsubscribe from any marketing or promotional messages at any time by following the instructions on the electronic message you receive or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your Personal InformationEarthDaily may share or disclose your Personal Information with third parties in furtherance of our business as follows:
- Related Parties: To our subsidiaries and affiliate companies.
- Service Providers: To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations, including adequate safeguards, to protect your Personal Information and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. This may include our business partners, such as resellers, who sell or promote our services and related products.
- Resellers: We may disclose information about you or how you use our products and services to our business partners, such as resellers, who sell or promote our services and related products.
- Other Business Partners. In certain situations, we may disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of targeted advertising of our products and services. This disclosure may be considered a “sale” under applicable laws, and may include providing advertisers and advertising or social media networks information including identification, device information and identifiers, such as IP address, and unique advertising identifiers and cookies, connection and usage information, such as browsing history or app usage, location information, such as city, demographics, contact information, and inference data in order to enable marketing to you and delivery of targeted advertising about our products and services on other sites.
- Consent: To any other entity or organization with your consent.
- Legal Obligation: If required to do so by law, regulation or court order, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, protect the rights or property of EarthDaily, protect the personal safety of our customers or the public, or to protect against legal liability.
Use of Our Website by Minors
Our Website, products, and services are not intended for use by children under the age of 16. We never knowingly collect or use any Personal Information (including as defined in the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) provided to us by children under 16 years of age. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a person under the age of 16 on a Website or Platform, we will delete that information promptly.
Our Website is controlled and operated by us from Canada. However, certain of our affiliates, service providers and business partners that support the products and services we provide to you are based in other countries, including the United States and France, and other countries that are not subject to an adequacy decision pursuant to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and that may not provide for the same level of data protection as your jurisdiction. As a result, Personal Information may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe or in any country in which we have facilities or engage service providers and, by using our Websites or Platforms, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside of your country of residence for this purpose. We ensure that the recipient of your Personal Information offers an adequate level of protection and security, e.g. through contractual safeguards and, if required, standard contractual clauses or an alternative mechanism for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR) or other applicable regulator. Where required by applicable law, we will only share, transfer or store your Personal Information outside of your jurisdiction with your prior consent.
Legal Basis for Processing
In connection with our commercial activities outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process personal information with consent except where otherwise permitted or required by law. For example, we may be permitted to collect, use or disclose personal information without consent in order to collect a debt you owe to us, to comply with a subpoena or court order, or to comply with the rules of court regarding the production of records. Your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question. For example, in most cases, a customer’s or user’s consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by EarthDaily may be implied by the fact that the user has purchased or used our product services, where the collection, use and disclosure of personal information relates to the use and delivery of those products and services by us.
In connection with our commercial activities in the EEA, we rely on one of the following legal grounds (as appropriate) to process personal information:
- To enter and perform a contract with you or to perform any steps you require from us before entering into a contract.
- To pursue our legitimate business interests in establishing, managing or concluding our business relationship with you.
- Where you have specifically consented to us processing your personal information.
- To comply with our legal obligations and establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Where personal information is processed with consent, you may (subject to contractual and legal restrictions) refuse to provide your consent, or choose to withdraw your consent, to our processing of your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com by using the contact information listed at the end of this policy. Note that if you refuse to consent, or withdraw your consent, to certain processing of your personal information, we may not be able to provide certain of our products and services.
Personal Information Retention
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize or aggregate your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent. Data may persist longer in copies of backup information for disaster recovery purposes.
Keeping Your Personal Information SecureWe have implemented physical, technical and administrative measures to protect your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure while it is in our custody. If at any time you have reason to believe that your interactions with us are no longer secure, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Websites or Platforms. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
You are entitled to exercise the following rights at any time by contacting email@example.com or using the contact information listed at the end of this policy.
- You may request access to your Personal Information as well as details on the processing of your Personal Information, such as what is collected and who may receive it. If we are unable to provide access within a reasonable timeframe, we will provide you with a date when the information will be provided.
- You may request changes or corrections to your Personal Information where it may be inaccurate or incomplete. We may not be able to accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect or if such information is needed to continue to provide products and/or services to you. Some information, such as feedback posted by you for public viewing on a Website, may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
- You may request restriction or deletion of your Personal Information if you feel the processing is inaccurate, unlawful, unnecessary or where you have objected to the processing. We may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also deleting your user account. We may reject your request if such request would interfere with our legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information.
- You may have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Information as well as a right to have it transferred to another data controller.
- You may withdraw your consent to processing for marketing purposes.
- If you or your authorized agent (where required by law) would like to opt out of our use or disclosure of your Personal Information for this purpose you can at any time change your preferences or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website. To do this, please click on the small black toggle logo on the bottom left-hand corner of the Website, which will display the “Cookie Bot” preferences selection box as a pop-up window. If you have any questions about this process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- California Residents: If you are a California resident, you may also exercise the above listed rights via an authorized agent. To submit a request via an authorized agent, the agent should email email@example.com and indicate that they are acting as an authorized agent and whether the agent has power of attorney pursuant to California Probate sections 4121 to 4130. Where the agent does not have that power of attorney, we require that the authorized agent provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit a request on your behalf. We may also require that you verify your identity with us or confirm that the authorized agent is acting on your behalf. Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. We provide personal information to our affiliated entities and partners for their marketing purposes. You can request a notice of this information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to these rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in your jurisdiction. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
- Outside of the EEA: EarthDaily Analytics Corp., 33-1055 Canada Place Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3, Canada, Attention: Privacy Officer
- Within the EEA: EarthDaily Agro, 2 rue Joseph Hubert, 31130 Balma, France, Attention: Privacy Officer